Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Colossians 3:1-2

Colossians 3:1-2
1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth.

Now, I'm sure you're probably thinking: "Soooo this verse means we should all walk around with our head's in the clouds all day?"  No, I don't think that's what this verse means.. I think it means that we shouldn't become so absorbed in our own little world that we forget what's really important.... Having a relationship with Jesus Christ.  There's so many distractions that our generation has to struggle with.. Boy, is there ever! I should know cuz I'm constantly  absorbed in electronics, texting, friends, gossiping etc.. It's so hard not to! But what so many teens of our generation don't realize (and what I've just recently realized) is that Satan will take any chance he gets to try and destroy our relationship with Jesus.. Sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget to slow down and spend some quality time with our Savior! Seriously, when was the last time you had some serious pray time (not at church) or read your Bible? Sadly, it's been awhile since I did either of those things... But I'm planning on changing that! Anyway, the point is that it's time for this generation to rise above the distractions and show the world that we can be strong Christians and focus on God, not the world.. We are children of God and we need to ACT LIKE IT! It's time to decide what's more important... Facebook, texting, friends, video games, etc or our relationship with God. I'll let you decide for yourselves..

God bless!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment