Tuesday, June 7, 2011

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

1Corinthians 13:4-8a
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self‑seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.  (NIV)
I picked these verse because they perfectly describe true love. Love is something that all girls yearn for sometime in their lifetime.. As we get older and start thinking seriously about our "soul mate" these verses can really come in handy.. Seriously, if you feel like you "love" a guy, look at these verses and check yourself to see if it's true love. Cuz I can guarantee that 99.9% of the time it won't be.  Now, since most of us aren't into dating and stuff, (like me') I won't go into any more detail on that.. :). So anyway, what I really want to focus on in this blog is love in general.. Teen girls of our generation just throw their hearts away.. For example, I know that girls at my school are "in love" with Justin Bieber. :p Now, I personally think he's gross and sings like a girl.. I mean really people! Why are girls obsessed with this dude when he's probably a jerk in real life!?? Oh, and don't even get me' started on the Jonas Brothers! Yea I know, their Christians but still..  It disturbs me' how girls just give their hearts away.. Now, looking back at the verses, it's pretty obvious that humans are not capable of all those things.. We're impatient, unkind, envious, boastful, prideful, rude, self-seeking, easily angered, etc.. The list goes on and on! What I'm trying to say is that there's only one person who can offer true love.. And that's Jesus Christ.. So why don't us girls fall in love with Him? Have JESUS be your first love. Cuz no guy on this Earth will love you more then Jesus.. So remember. Guard your heart.. Put your heart and God's hands and let Him hold it for you.. Cuz true peace, true mercy,  true protection, and TRUE LOVE, can only be found in our Heavenly Father's hands..

God Bless!
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. couldnt agree more.. he sounds like an irritating chimpunk :P

    ReplyDelete